Expression Networks is looking for a Lead System Admin/DevSecOps Engineer with an active TS/SCI security clearance to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing multiple computing environments involving our company’s cloud-based products. This job is responsible for coordinating / executing all system operations in our non-development environments in all system phases -- post-development, delivery, approval, deployment / install / STIG, production operation, and maintenance. This is a leadership role requiring critical thinking, design, documentation, and execution. You must be knowledgeable and customer-oriented, possessing strong communication and presentation skills internally and with government customers. You also must have broad technical expertise, technical leadership, and a problem-solving aptitude.
- Manage instances of cloud infrastructure services and servers through the full system lifecycle -- from initial development and test, delivery, approvals and acceptance, deployment, installation, STIG, production operation, maintenance, migration, upgrades, and sustainment.
- Mature System Administration policies and processes, particularly the development phase of a DevSecOps pipeline, policies, and processes.
- Provide configuration management of testing and production environments
- Install, deploy and troubleshoot COTS software, databases, and company’s software applications and customizations.
- Support operations and maintenance activities for Linux and Windows platforms
- Plan and execute software deployments -- including the analysis of resource data, implementation of upgrades and patches, resolution of operational issues, implementation of new products and technologies, load balance, and data storage administration / import / export.
- Review and implement STIG requirements
- Support customer requests
- Review issues tickets and the subsequent setting of priority, issues resolution, tasking, and proper root cause documentation.
- Overall, this is a multi-hats role that reasonably will include these responsibilities: all parts of system implementation, system maintenance, project management, light scripting (automation and startup scripts), light coding, user administration, group policy creation, backup and restoration.
- Expected day-to-day activities include configuration of new environments and services and subsequently the manage/monitoring/high availability of the operational environment and services.
- Responsible for creating and managing user accounts; granting required privileges to users where applicable.
- Create and updates Standard of Procedure (SOP) documentation for data refresh process, backup and recovery process, and Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) documentation.
- Completes daily health checks for production, CRM, and development databases.
- TS/SCI required, TS/SCI CI poly preferred not required
- Associate's degree in Information Technology (IT), computer science, or related field
- 12+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator or DevOps engineer, including demonstrable management and design experience
- Proven experience with database installation, deployment, troubleshooting, and data migration
- Proven experience maintaining production systems for external customers
- Familiarity with troubleshooting applications running in both Linux OS and Windows
- Experience working in cloud-based environments such as milCloud, AWS, or Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrable experience with configuration management - documentation and best practice processes
- All of the Minimum experience above with the additional requirements following.
- Bachelor degree in IT, computer science, or related field
- Configuration management experience including documentation, auditing, compatibility research, proper repository management practices, and version troubleshooting
- Government cloud computing experience
- Experience with:
- Installing, configuring, and administering containers / Docker / Kubernetes
- ElasticSearch, Solarwinds, Alfresco, Jira, Confluence, and SharePoint
- RHEL, VMware, Containerization, Database migration, OS upgrades and patches
- Administering in the DISA/DoD network
- DISA SSL certificate requests and installation
- Regression, new feature, and SW version compatibility testing
- Certifications such as:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Professional Cloud Administrator
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator
- VMware Certified Professional (vSphere 6)
- Security+ certification
Expression Networks offers competitive salaries and benefits, such as:
- 401k matching
- PPO and HDHP medical/dental/vision insurance
- Education reimbursement
- Complimentary life insurance
- Generous PTO and holiday leave
- Onsite office gym access
- Commuter Benefits Plan
About Expression Networks:
Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Washington DC, Expression Networks provides data fusion, data analytics, software engineering, information technology, and electromagnetic spectrum management solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of State, and national security community. Expression’s “Perpetual Innovation” culture focuses on creating immediate and sustainable value for our clients via agile delivery of tailored solutions built through constant engagement with our clients. Expression Networks was ranked #1 on the Washington Technology 2018's Fast 50 list of fastest growing small business Government contractors and a Top 20 Big Data Solutions Provider by CIO Review.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled