We are looking for an looking for an experienced Knowledge Manager with a security clearance to work in Washington, DC within the Pentagon. The position acts as the Lead Advocate for knowledge sharing by the staff to effectively use knowledge management tools and resources and to follow best practices.
- Work directly with end users (staff and contractors) to gather requirements of new processes. Design and implement databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods in accordance with G-4 requirements.
- Provide Operations and Maintenance support for SharePoint application to include basic database design, database support and screen design. Assist with maintaining and updating the development of Office SharePoint sites, including updating calendars, staff directories, and organizational charts; creating, reviewing, and formatting content to ensure timeliness and consistency; assisting staff with uploading and creating content for the SharePoint sites.
- The KMS must troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly; document issues from production problems, propose solutions, and implement them.
- Provide database skills: data modeling, performance tuning, materialized views, and index selection to complete all tasks. Update, repair, modify, and expand existing databases.
- Test databases by running them to ensure the instructions are correct and they produce the desired information. If errors do occur, the KMS must make the appropriate change and recheck the program until it produces the correct results.
- Provide guidance on delivery of effective training (i.e., train the trainer).
- Assist the Knowledge Manager in support of developing training for Knowledge Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Certifications and Experience
DoD 8570 Level II IT Certifications: SharePoint Certification and Security+ certification. CISSP certification meets the requirements for A+ and Network+ or Security+
- Secret Security Clearance Required, Top Secret Preferred
- Five years of experience with Microsoft SharePoint and coordinating data base requirements for multiple projects
- KMS must have three to five years of Knowledge Management experience, MS Access, and other database management programs knowledge, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks
- KMS must have four or more years of in- depth experience coordinating the development of training materials, tools, and approaches according to the G-4 development needs. KMS must have strong customer service orientation and the ability to interact effectively with diverse constituencies facilitating communication, written and oral across G-4
- Demonstrated experience with Lean Six Sigma methodologies
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in one of the areas: Knowledge Management, Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology or equivalent years’ experience and certifications.