Expression Networks is looking for a full-time Software Test Engineer to join our development team in Washington, DC. You will design, develop, execute, and record automated and manual software tests for custom client/server web-based applications comprising a variety of programming languages, databases, and business intelligence tools. You will collaborate with technical staff and external stakeholders to coordinate test strategies and plans. You will work within a CMMI Dev-3 environment to deliver and deploy high quality, reliable software used worldwide.
This is a ‘many hats’ role, that requires significant involvement with multiple technical teams in the company and as needed with our customers. This role also requires highly effective communication in verbal and written form, including significant test planning, test reporting, and managing test execution.
- Authors test scenarios and design detailed test cases from user stories, requirements, etc.
- Participates and influences the Hardware/Software environments needed to deliver the test approach
- Studies the data gathered during testing and evaluates the validity of the results.
- Defines the standard tools and processes for test automation (Regression Testing)
- Writes, develops, and executes test scripts
- Participates in daily Scrum meetings, Sprint planning, Sprint Retrospective, and Backlog grooming meetings with Agile team members
- Supports cross-functional teams, execute testing for multiple ongoing projects concurrently
- Collaborate with application team members for successful test execution of end-to-end workflows/
- Continues testing and analysis until results are within product requirements and specifications.
- Performs manual test execution within the testing framework guidelines
- Collaborates closely with developers, product owner, business analysts and other team members to fully understand the requirements and ensure high quality of the implementations and changes to enterprise applications. / Drafts detailed technical reports to present findings; based on findings, recommends modifications needed to correct production problems.
- Follows established test processes and test methods to ensure efficient and effective testing
- Minimum Secret Clearance Required, due to contractual obligations set by federal client.
- At least 5 years planning/developing test cases, authoring test cases, managing test execution, and QA reporting
- Experience in a MERN Stack Environment
- Experience in both manual and automated testing
- Experience with Selenium, Docker, Jira, and other testing/management tools
- Knowledge of QA Best Practices
- Knowledge/experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to discuss product flaws in a constructive and positive manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience with systems modernization and automation that resulted in value creation and streamlining of processes
- Knowledge of project management methodologies including traditional waterfall and AGILE (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
Expression Networks offers competitive salaries and benefits, such as:
- 401k matching
- PPO and HDHP medical/dental/vision insurance
- Education reimbursement
- Complimentary life insurance
- Generous PTO and holiday leave
- Onsite office gym access
- Commuter Benefits Plan
About Expression Networks:
Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Washington DC, Expression Networks provides data fusion, data analytics, software engineering, information technology, and electromagnetic spectrum management solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of State, and national security community. Expression’s “Perpetual Innovation” culture focuses on creating immediate and sustainable value for our clients via agile delivery of tailored solutions built through constant engagement with our clients. Expression Networks was ranked #1 on the Washington Technology 2018's Fast 50 list of fastest growing small business Government contractors and a Top 20 Big Data Solutions Provider by CIO Review.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled