Expression Networks is looking for a Proposal/Technical Writer to join our proposal team in our Washington, DC Headquarters. The Proposal/Technical Writer serves as the primary lead for content development, coordination, management, subject matter expert (SME) interviews, and writing of responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and international tender requests. They apply proposal and project management techniques in the preparation, production, and delivery of winning quality proposals. The Sr. Writer coordinates with appropriate SMEs and technical resources for optimum presentation of information in a professional manner.
- Gather technical information to create customer-centric bid and proposal documents that flow logically and read with a single voice.
- Interview senior technical and management staff to obtain necessary information and commitment for specific pursuits.
- Gather and research information to include in proposals, resumes, and project summaries.
- Review, organize, and edit written bid and proposal documentation to improve clarity.
- Verify complex technical solutions, strategies and themes are easily understandable, readable, and compelling.
- Provide final quality control check, including proofreading for grammar and conformance to established strategies and plans.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications.
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents.
- Prepares briefs and technical manuals.
- Work on all phases of documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in English or a related field (journalism, communications, etc.) or equivalent professional experience.
- Ideal candidates should possess 6+ years of experience in a proposal or business development role.
- Experience with marketing professional services and products, and familiarity with security industry terms, contracts, deliverables, and processes is required.
- Knowledge of non-intrusive inspection or passenger checkpoint security technologies and/or system development processes is highly preferred.
- Ability to collaborate with project executives, project managers, and relevant SMEs in the proposal preparation process.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks, and possess strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to independently manage a challenging workload when faced with unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines.
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Secret Clearance desired not required
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Expression Networks offers competitive salaries and benefits, such as:
- 401k matching
- PPO and HDHP medical/dental/vision insurance
- Education reimbursement
- Complimentary life insurance
- Generous PTO and holiday leave
- Onsite office gym access
- Commuter Benefits Plan
About Expression Networks:
Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Washington DC, Expression Networks provides data fusion, data analytics, software engineering, information technology, and electromagnetic spectrum management solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of State, and national security community. Expression’s “Perpetual Innovation” culture focuses on creating immediate and sustainable value for our clients via agile delivery of tailored solutions built through constant engagement with our clients. Expression Networks was ranked #1 on the Washington Technology 2018's Fast 50 list of fastest growing small business Government contractors and a Top 20 Big Data Solutions Provider by CIO Review.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled