Expression Networks is still one of the fastest growing government contractors in the Washington, DC area where we utilize new technologies within the Electromagnetic Operational Environment (EMOE), Defense and Medical sector that affect our users on a national level everyday. We are currently looking for an Information Security Manager that is able to work in a fast paced environment where you will have to wear multiple hats. This role will be managing the Information Security Team and working with our client and architects to make sure we are compliant and meeting all security requirements through out the duration of the project. This position is located in Washington, DC.
- Ensure the deployment of IT systems and networks are properly protected and secured. Includes supporting the deployment of IT system(s) through the security assessment and authorization (A&A) process.
- Support the development, review, and maintenance of A&A deliverables including, but are not limited to, the System Categorization, System Security Plan (SSP), Contingency Plan, and Incident Response Plan, and Configuration Management Plan
- Provide detailed review and progress reports of all Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
- Identifies risks and vulnerabilities to current and planned information and develops and implements plans to safeguard digital data from accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure by adhering to emergency data processing needs.
- Reviews violations of security procedures and provides training to ensure violations do not recur.
- Identifies and evaluates the effectiveness of mitigation processes designed to minimize system vulnerabilities.
- Performs risk assessments, audits, and tests to ensure proper functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Prepares findings following approved communications protocols written and oral formats of information/cyber security plans, policies, and procedures
- Utilize Agency tools to determine and mitigate vulnerabilities and reduce residual risk
- Conducts threat analysis for information and communications; systems.
- Conduct daily review of government provisioned ticketing systems for required response to incidents, events, actions, and requirements. Provide management of assigned actions in accordance with agency prescribed timelines
- Ensure and validate hardware and software inventory process and procedures to oversee equipment and software entering and departing the data center(s)
- Provide weekly metrics and reports of customer service activities
- US Citizenship required due to contractual obligations
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
- A minimum of 8 yrs. of related work experience
- Extensive knowledge of DoD and/or federal cybersecurity / IA policy.
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience translating complex information and requirements into clear and actionable tasks
- Excellent organization skills and strong attention to detail
- Solution-oriented and have a collaborative approach to overcoming barriers
- Strong sense of integrity and ability to deal with issues and subject matter that requires considerable sensitivity, discretion, and judgment
- Secret security clearance, Preferred not required
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field
- Security or technology risk related certifications (Security+, CASP, etc.). IAM level 2 certifications as per DoD 8570.01-M are preferred but not required.
Expression Networks offers competitive salaries and benefits, such as:
- 401k matching
- PPO and HDHP medical/dental/vision insurance
- Education reimbursement
- Complimentary life insurance
- Generous PTO and holiday leave
- Onsite office gym access
- Commuter Benefits Plan
About Expression Networks:
Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Washington DC, Expression Networks provides data fusion, data analytics, software engineering, information technology, and electromagnetic spectrum management solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of State, and national security community. Expression’s “Perpetual Innovation” culture focuses on creating immediate and sustainable value for our clients via agile delivery of tailored solutions built through constant engagement with our clients. Expression Networks was ranked #1 on the Washington Technology 2018's Fast 50 list of fastest growing small business Government contractors and a Top 20 Big Data Solutions Provider by CIO Review.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled