Expression Networks is still one of the fastest growing government contractors in the Washington, DC area where we utilize new technologies within the Electromagnetic Operational Environment (EMOE), Defense and Medical sector that affect our users on a national level everyday. We are currently looking for a Senior Data Security Analyst to work on a 100% remote position with our client who is located in Charlottesville, VA.
The Senior Data Security Analyst will be responsible for performing all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Interfaces with the user community to understand their security needs and implements procedures to accommodate them. Ensures that the user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security. May require familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures. Conducts accurate evaluation of the level of security required. May require understanding of firewall theory and configuration. Must be able to weigh business needs against security concerns and articulate issues to management. Frequently reports to a Data Security Administration Manager. This position is contingent on contract award.
- Minimum active Secret Clearance required to be considered for this position
- Identify gaps within the Security Program and recommend or implement changes, where appropriate, to security control standards or operational practices
- Participate in the company's security incident response process for any internal or external security events and incidents, threats to brand integrity, or attacks on customer services
- Plan and coordinate the IT security programs and policies
- Manage and control changes to the system and assessing the security impact of those changes
- Provide support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program
- Serve as the Approval Authority for ISs under their control
- Prepare and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs)
- Formally and informally respond to customer and regulatory requests with regard to information security services, mechanisms and safeguards (this includes regular communications with regulatory, privacy and legal stakeholders, and active participation in both internal and external audit activities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related subject areas or related job experience
- 8+ total years of experience including, but not limited to:
- 3+ years’ experience in the security domain, to include both detailed understanding of attacker techniques and tracking the threat actors behind specific campaigns.
- 3+ years of experience in Malware Analysis, Reverse Engineering and various sandbox technologies
- 3+ years of experience in analyzing and responding to email borne threats
- Ability to map attacker technique to expected footprint in range of datasets
- Big data analysis, correlation at scale
- Track record in taking analyst research ideas to production in partnership with developers
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related subject areas or related job experience
- Industry-specific certifications of value, including one or more of the following: CISSP, CISA, CISM, GCIH, GCFA, GIAC, or CEH
Expression Networks offers competitive salaries and benefits, such as:
- 401k matching
- PPO and HDHP medical/dental/vision insurance
- Education reimbursement
- Complimentary life insurance
- Generous PTO and holiday leave
- Onsite office gym access
- Commuter Benefits Plan
About Expression Networks:
Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Washington DC, Expression Networks provides data fusion, data analytics, software engineering, information technology, and electromagnetic spectrum management solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of State, and national security community. Expression’s “Perpetual Innovation” culture focuses on creating immediate and sustainable value for our clients via agile delivery of tailored solutions built through constant engagement with our clients. Expression Networks was ranked #1 on the Washington Technology 2018's Fast 50 list of fastest growing small business Government contractors and a Top 20 Big Data Solutions Provider by CIO Review.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled