Expression Networks is still one of the fastest growing government contractors in the Washington, DC area where we utilize new technologies within the Electromagnetic Operational Environment (EMOE), Defense and Medical sector that affect our users on a national level everyday. We are currently looking for a Systems Administrator to work on our Postgres/Linux OS Environment within our Washington, DC Headquarters.
- Provide configuration management of testing and production environments.
- Install, deploy and troubleshoot COTS software, databases, and company’s software applications and customizations.
- Support operations and maintenance activities for Linux and Windows platforms.
- Plan and execute software deployments -- including the analysis of resource data, implementation of upgrades and patches, resolution of operational issues, implementation of new products and technologies, load balance, and data storage administration / import / export.
- Coordinate, document, and manage software upgrades.
- Develop/monitor/report on key performance metrics.
- Assist in testing all application customizations to ensure functionality and data validity.
- Document application customizations; use the documentation as a basis for training curriculum.
- Monitor and manage database security.
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Minimum Secret Clearance with SSBI required due to contractual obligations.
- Security+ Certification
- Associate's degree in Information Technology (IT), computer science, or related field in conjunction with proven experience.
- 4 years of experience as a Systems Administrator or DevOps engineer, including demonstrable management and design experience.
- Experience with Linux OS commands lines
- Proven experience with database installation, deployment, troubleshooting, and data migration.
- Proven experience maintaining production systems for external customers.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting applications running in both Linux OS and Windows.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Task oriented and able to work independently.
- TS Clearance or higher is preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor degree in IT, computer science, or related field.
Expression Networks offers competitive salaries and benefits, such as:
- 401k matching
- PPO and HDHP medical/dental/vision insurance
- Education reimbursement
- Complimentary life insurance
- Generous PTO and holiday leave
- Onsite office gym access
- Commuter Benefits Plan
About Expression Networks:
Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Washington DC, Expression Networks provides data fusion, data analytics, software engineering, information technology, and electromagnetic spectrum management solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of State, and national security community. Expression’s “Perpetual Innovation” culture focuses on creating immediate and sustainable value for our clients via agile delivery of tailored solutions built through constant engagement with our clients. Expression Networks was ranked #1 on the Washington Technology 2018's Fast 50 list of fastest growing small business Government contractors and a Top 20 Big Data Solutions Provider by CIO Review.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled