Expression Networks is looking for a full-time UI/UX Designer to join our team in Washington, DC. You will be responsible for defining and creating a common UI/UX across all of our applications. You will work with diverse user communities to capture, translate, and incorporate user feedback using a keen eye for simplicity, usability, and modern design standards. You will coordinate with developers to understand new capabilities and design corresponding front ends using modern tools and technologies.
You must submit a link to your portfolio and/or website(s) to be considered for this position.
- Work with PM and senior management to break down high-level product vision into manageable pieces for development execution
- Design and implement UX/UI solutions based on customer defined requirements
- Design interfaces and user experiences for application developers
- Create and design graphical user interface elements for print, web, and UI
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes
- Manage and maintain graphic file library including, final approved documents, photographs, logos and art
- US citizenship and eligibility to obtain a security clearance
- You must submit a link to your portfolio and/or website(s) to be considered for this position.
- Minimum 4+ years of working experience in UI/UX Design
- Has some applied experience with at least 3 of the 5 core UX competencies. (Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Usability Engineering, Visual Design, and Prototype Engineering.)
- Displays the capability to quickly ingest client requirements and create end to end wireframes of the given feature(s).
- Experienced at developing, maintaining, and presenting wireframes or design systems.
- Detailed oriented and is capable of defining interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications.
- (Optional) Has understanding of the design to development life cycle, component based design, and experience in working with quickly scaling UX teams.
Expression Networks offers competitive salaries and benefits, such as:
- 401k matching
- PPO and HDHP medical/dental/vision insurance
- Education reimbursement
- Complimentary life insurance
- Generous PTO and holiday leave
- Onsite office gym access
- Commuter Benefits Plan
About Expression Networks:
Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Washington DC, Expression Networks provides data fusion, data analytics, software engineering, information technology, and electromagnetic spectrum management solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of State, and national security community. Expression’s “Perpetual Innovation” culture focuses on creating immediate and sustainable value for our clients via agile delivery of tailored solutions built through constant engagement with our clients. Expression Networks was ranked #1 on the Washington Technology 2018's Fast 50 list of fastest growing small business Government contractors and a Top 20 Big Data Solutions Provider by CIO Review.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled